- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Pay to Play
- Content Research Area
- Quality of Life Issues
- OPRA (Open Public Records Act)
- Bribes, Payoffs, and Politics
- Letters to the Editor
- Voter Information
- OPMA (Open Public Meetings Act)
- FREE SPEECH and INTERNET ISSUES
- Eminent Domain
- Governor Corzine
- Lawsuits and Legal Actions
- Hoboken News
- Health Issues
- Employment Opportunities
- Regionalize and Shared Services
- Investigations (Restricted Access)
- Public Official Report Card
- Political Commentary
- Payments In Lieu of Taxes
- Consumer Issues
- Affordable Housing
- 2006 N.J. U.S. Senate Race
- U.S. Senator Robert Menendez
- Homeland Security
- NJ NY Port Authority
- R.I.C.O. Act
- Editorials - New Jersey Newspapers
- POG - People for OPen Government
- Investigative Agencies
- Hoboken City Council Video
- Presidential Election 2008
- Investigative Report
- Area Event Calendar
- Presedential electiom 2008
- New Jersey League of Municipalities
- NJ State Court System
- National Politics
- Social Interaction
- Shrink for Men
- Governor Chris Christie
- Tenant Rights
- NJ League of Municipalities
- NYC GROUND ZERO
- Political Figures
- Health Care
- Hoboken Lawsuits
- Featured News
- IRS TAX RELIEF
- Federal Budget
- Healthcare Fraud
- New Jersey For Profit Hospitals
- Hudson County Emergency Medical Services
TRANSPORTATION INSPECTOR - Hoboken, New Jersey
- Categorized in: Employment Opportunities
Hoboken Government Job Announcement
Title: TRANSPORTATION INSPECTOR
Issue Date: 12/22/2009 Closing Date: 01/12/2010
Salary: $20,600.00 - $35,000.00 Per Year
Num. of Positions: 1
Workweek: 35 Hours per week
Application Fee: $15.00
Open to Residents of: Hoboken City
LICENSE: Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey. Please attach a copy of your license to your application.
NOTE: The responsibility for ensuring that employees possess the required motor vehicle license, commensurate with the class sand type of vehicles they operate, rests with the Appointing Authority.
Important Information: NJAC 4A:4-2.3(b) states that all requirements must be met as of the closing date.
Your application must be postmarked by 11:59 pm on the closing date listed above or must be hand delivered to the Civil Service Commission no later than 4:00 pm on the closing date. The closing date for this job - TRANSPORTATION INSPECTOR - is 01/12/2010.
You must complete your application in detail. Your score may be based on a comparison of your background with the job requirements. Failure to complete your application properly may lower your score or cause you to fail.
Job Specification 04211
Under direction does work involved in seeing that taxicabs, buses, limousines, and/or parking lot proprietors comply with various codes and regulations governing their operations; does other related duties as required.
NOTE: The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Makes field inspections on taxicabs, buses, limousines, and/or other passenger vehicles to ensure that they comply with prescribed codes/ordinances/regulations.
May license or register license applicants, taking background and driving histories.
Makes field inspections on parking lots to ensure that they comply with prescribed codes/regulations governing hours of operations, rates charged, and so forth.
Makes physical inspections of taxicabs, buses, limousines, and/or other passenger vehicles to ensure cleanliness and general safety of vehicles, and may report on areas of needed repairs.
Investigates complaints by the public against drivers who violate various codes/regulations governing the operation of vehicles.
Evaluates whether complaints warrant legal action or warning issuance.
Implements complaint record filing as well as copies of reports/summonses.
Issues summonses and may testify in court and/or at related hearings as to violations recorded.
Prepares clear, sound, accurate, and informative reports regarding various vehicle inspections.
Observes vehicles along route to ensure that service is provided according to schedule.
Makes recommendations for changes in service such as need for additional buses, route changes, and revised schedules to improve service to the public.
Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
Appointees may be required to possess a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and applicable endorsements for the class and type of vehicle being operated.
NOTE: The responsibility for ensuring that employees possess the required motor vehicle license, commensurate with the class and type of vehicles they operate, rests with the Appointing Authority.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Ability to prepare clear, accurate reports.
Ability to learn quickly from oral and written explanations and from
Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording
and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English
sufficiently to perform duties of this position. American Sign
Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as
they can perform essential functions of the job after reasonable
accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation
cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship,
such persons may not be eligible.
CODES: LG - 04211 RKR/mk 9/17/98
This job specification is for local government use only.
New comments are currently disabled.
- HAS PREDATORY HEALTH CARE LENDING COME TO HOBOKEN?
- The Emotionally Abusive Personality: Is She a Borderline or a Narcissist?
- Withholding Sex as a Form of Punishment
- Don't Marry Essay. Why Marriage Has Become a Raw Deal for Men
- NJ Business Facts
- What the Parking/Transportation industry is saying about Hoboken's Automated Garage
- You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig
- Hoboken Board of Education
Recent Employment Opportunities
- Technology Consultant - City of Hoboken
- Finance Director City of Hoboken
- ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR
- Civil Service Commission Seeks Entry-Level Firefighter Applicants Applications for the entry-level Firefighter Test will be accepted for 70 municipalities and other local jurisdictions
- Senior Accountant: Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
- City of Hoboken - Fire Department Audit
- Hoboken: ZONING OFFICER