- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Pay to Play
- Content Research Area
- Quality of Life Issues
- OPRA (Open Public Records Act)
- Bribes, Payoffs, and Politics
- Letters to the Editor
- Voter Information
- OPMA (Open Public Meetings Act)
- FREE SPEECH and INTERNET ISSUES
- Eminent Domain
- Governor Corzine
- Lawsuits and Legal Actions
- Hoboken News
- Health Issues
- Employment Opportunities
- Regionalize and Shared Services
- Investigations (Restricted Access)
- Public Official Report Card
- Political Commentary
- Payments In Lieu of Taxes
- Consumer Issues
- Affordable Housing
- 2006 N.J. U.S. Senate Race
- U.S. Senator Robert Menendez
- Homeland Security
- NJ NY Port Authority
- R.I.C.O. Act
- Editorials - New Jersey Newspapers
- POG - People for OPen Government
- Investigative Agencies
- Hoboken City Council Video
- Presidential Election 2008
- Investigative Report
- Area Event Calendar
- Presedential electiom 2008
- New Jersey League of Municipalities
- NJ State Court System
- National Politics
- Social Interaction
- Shrink for Men
- Governor Chris Christie
- Tenant Rights
- NJ League of Municipalities
- NYC GROUND ZERO
- Political Figures
- Health Care
- Hoboken Lawsuits
- Featured News
- IRS TAX RELIEF
- Federal Budget
- Healthcare Fraud
- New Jersey For Profit Hospitals
- Hudson County Emergency Medical Services
Civil Service Commission Seeks Entry-Level Firefighter Applicants Applications for the entry-level Firefighter Test will be accepted for 70 municipalities and other local jurisdictions
- Categorized in: Employment Opportunities
Fire Fighter application Filing Date extended to May 29, 2010
The “filing date” for the Fire Fighter announcement has been extended to May 29, 2010. The Civil Service Commission will continue to accept applications postmarked by May 29, 2010.
NOTE: For eligibility purposes, candidates must meet the requirements by March 31, 2010, which is still the “closing date.” For example, there is a requirement that you must be under age 35 to file. Anyone who is under 35 years old as of March 31st is eligible. If someone turns 35 on April 1st or later, he/she is not eligible and should not file unless he/she can reduce their age as indicated on page 7 of the application.
Those candidates who will receive a High School Diploma in June 2010 and are under the age of 35 as of March 31st are eligible to file an application by the May 29, 2010 Filing deadline.
NOTE: You should visit the NEW JERSEY CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION website for the latest information.
The New Jersey Civil Service Commisson has announced competitive testing examinations for the "Entry Level Firefighter" position for HOBOKEN and 70 other jurisdictions.
Let's get started...
- Download and read the "PRESS RELEASE: Entry Level Fire Fighter Examination"
- Download and fill out the application TODAY! Follow the instructions! It is well worth $5.00 to mail the application "Certified Mail/Return Receipt" and have proof that you mailed it. Remember, Filing Date extended to May 29, 2010.
- Download and read the "2010 Firefighter Written Examination Study Guide."
- Download and read the "2010 Fire Fighter Physical Performance Fitness Manual"
- Are you ready for the physical test? Start preparing today for the PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE TEST (PPT).
- Download and read the "MULTIPLE-CHOICE EXAM ORIENTATION GUIDE "
FireFighter Test Preparation Courses:
Bernstein & Associates is offering a FREE 2-Hour Introductory Session on the Fire Fighter Exam in North and South Jersey locations. Its FREE!!! At the very least you will be able to decide if you need to take a test preparation course. To register by phone, call 1-800-272-5353 or Email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org . Click here for a copy of their flyer including the registration form in PDF
Study Group Inc. - Weehawken, New Jersey
Fire Dept Entry Class Info - APPLICATIONS ARE OUT!!!
FREE SEMINARS SCHEDULED IN NORTH AND SOUTH JERSEY
SEE THE WEBSITE FOR TENTATIVE DATES
Promotional Prep - email@example.com
or call at (201) 663-1068 - NEW JERSEY FIREFIGHTERS
WANTED WRITTEN TEST PREPARATION - THE MOST RESEARCHED SEMINARS - THE MOST EXPERIENCED INSTRUCTORS - CLASSES will be scheduled in both of our North and South Jersey locations.
Simulated Fire Service Physical Entrance Exam - Personalized Training - Instructional and Hands-On Training - Learn Techniques To Enhance Performance - Learn How to Avoid Penalty Points - Improve performance on Obstacle Course - Conducted by Top Scoring Instructors - Trained Fire Service Instructors.
Last, but not least, you have to be honest with respect to your PHYSICAL CONDITION. It is anticipated that the Physical Performance Test (PPT) will be given in July, 2010 or later.
You have at least 6 months to get into physical shape.
If you are in good physical condition and are a "self starter," Hoboken and the surrounding waterfront areas have decent biking and running paths.
For those of you who need a little push, you might consider joining a Gym, Running Club, Bicycle Club, or hiring a "personal trainer."
Hoboken is also blessed with a serveral gyms which offer the latest in equipment, creature comforts, and professional "personal trainers."
New York Sports Club, aka NYSC, has two gyms in mile-square Hoboken.
NYSC HOBOKEN SOUTH is located at 59 Newark Street (@ Washington Street), in the CVS Pharmacy building. The facility offers Sauna, Steam Room, and Towel Service.
Online Contact Form: NYSC Information Request Form
Manager: James Wynn, General Manager
And here is a little known secret, available only online: Get a TWO WEEK trail membership good at any NYSC for $ 19.99 plus sales tax. You can use the gym pass in any of the 109 NYSC gyms in the tri-state area.
NYSC HOBOKEN NORTH is located at 14th Street and Park Avenue, across the street from the Malibu Diner.
Perhaps Hoboken's best known running club is the Hoboken Harriers Running Club. Here is some background info from their website.
The Hoboken Harriers Running Club, founded in 1988, is a diverse group of runners and joggers from Hoboken, New Jersey, and surrounding Hudson County. The Club, known as the HOHAs, provides runners with camaraderie and support as well as a social component through sponsoring various social and charitable events annually.
Runners of all abilities are welcome - please contact us if you have an interest in running. We do recommend that you attend a Tuesday night run for your first run with the Club.
The Hoboken Harriers running club conducts runs six days a week, with the most popular runs on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights. Consult our schedule, above, and feel free to come & run with us.
We have runners of all ages and abilities. Send an e-mail if you have any questions about the club.
For the female firefighter candidates, Hoboken offers the Hoboken Elysianettes Running Society's (HERS).
The Hoboken Elysianettes Running Society's (HERS) mission is to create a welcoming and supportive environment for women who are already runners or want to become runners. Beginners are encouraged to join as we'll emphasize training, development and participating in local races. Experienced runners looking for challenges in pace and distance will find that as well.
In addition to our weekly runs we're keeping busy with organized races and other fun events. Please check us out on facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for lots more information. Hope to meet you at a run soon!
New Jersey jurisdictions testing for Entry Level Firefighters:
Union Township (Union County)
I hope this information helps you in your quest for a great career. In my opinon, one of the best resources is the Test Preparation Course. Minimizing major "surprises" on exam day is an important test strategy. Believe me, I know! I experienced it first-hand during several Police promotional cycles.
Plan your STUDY and PHYSICAL TRAINING schedule. It isn't going to be easy, but seven months of dedicated time and effort is a small investment for a lifetime Public Safety career with great benifits and job satisfaction.
Questions? Use the contact form at the bottom of this page and I will try to get you answers.
Best of luck!
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this employment opportunity to a friend:
New comments are currently disabled.
- HAS PREDATORY HEALTH CARE LENDING COME TO HOBOKEN?
- The Emotionally Abusive Personality: Is She a Borderline or a Narcissist?
- Withholding Sex as a Form of Punishment
- Don't Marry Essay. Why Marriage Has Become a Raw Deal for Men
- NJ Business Facts
- What the Parking/Transportation industry is saying about Hoboken's Automated Garage
- You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig
- Hoboken Board of Education
Recent Employment Opportunities
- Technology Consultant - City of Hoboken
- Finance Director City of Hoboken
- ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR
- Civil Service Commission Seeks Entry-Level Firefighter Applicants Applications for the entry-level Firefighter Test will be accepted for 70 municipalities and other local jurisdictions
- Senior Accountant: Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
- City of Hoboken - Fire Department Audit
- Hoboken: ZONING OFFICER